A Digital Leader is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within a school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of Information Technology in school.
Interested children from years 4, 5 and 6 apply for the position and then the team will then meet every half term.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Leader could be:
- Test and review new Information Technology resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.
- Blog or Tweet as the School Journalist or Photographer.
- Staff Trainers.
- Create how-to video help guides.
- Promote E-Safety across the school.